Read Up On It – August 3rd
After taking two weeks off – c’mon, it’s summer – it’s the triumphant return of Read Up On It!
This week we have everything from the bounty of blueberries to the possible lack of veritas in vino and much more.
- Eater takes a good look at the life of Texas BBQ pitmasters, with photos by Spencer Selvidge. Great shots, great stories.
- The CBC reports on the bumper crop of blueberries expected this year, while Dartmouth’s new community oven has some people all hot and bothered.
- Think you’ve got what it takes to be a culinary superstar on television? Well, the CBC is looking for new talent to host a cooking show. (Via The Chronicle Herald)
- The Globe And Mail talks about something a lot of Nova Scotians already know: we make good wine, and Nova 7 is here to prove it. They also take note of That Dutchman’s cheeses, and four other great cheeses made in Canada.
- Danny Bowien of Mission Chinese Food fame, bites the bullet and opens a location in New York. The New York Observer tells the tale.
- Think there are only grapes (and maybe sulphites) in your wine? Well, if so, the label won’t tell you. People are looking to change that, and The New York Times looks into it.
- And for a little bit of weekend fun,