Read Up On It For November 30th, 2012
After a week’s abscence, Read Up On It is back!
Let’s get to it.
- A couple weeks back, I posted about the review Pete Wells did of Guy Fieri’s restaurant. A blog by Jim Romensko asks various critics about their worst reviews, including my fave, Jonathan Gold.
- Speaking of Gold, he goes out dining in Hawaii with Roy Choi. It’s an enviable read.
- Sarah Elton, author of Locavore, posted on her blog of the same name about the idea of the safety of grass fed beef.
- The CBC interviews the creator/author of the Smitten Kitten website/cookbook.
- Newsweek’s The Daily Beast talks about bone marrow. Why? Because it’s tasty. Sooo tasty.
- On the other hand, I don’t know how I feel about eating this morsel: sea cucumbers. (Via Chicago Reader)
- Chive’s Craig Flinn talks about his recent honour from Taste of Nova Scotia: the 2012 Gary MacDonald Culinary Ambassador of the Year. (Via The Chronicle Herald)
- Speaking of Taste of Nova Scotia, they recently created a series of videos detailing the lives and stories of this year’s Prestige Award winners. Here’s one on Chef Flinn.