Read Up On It For February 15th, 2013
Read Up On It didn’t happen last week, so we have a lot to catch up on. Valentine’s Day is over, and in honour of that, there will be no VD links in this collection of links. Or any VD of any kind.
- First a leftover link from last week. Apparently Halifax Recipes and Food has its own Pinterest page. Neat.
- Big? Yes. Tasty? Not so much. Slate offers a story about a drug that brings beef down, or up, depending on how you look at it.
- A great little interview with Ruth Reichl, posted in Fashion Week Daily. She reminisces about her days at Conde Nast (“You paid for nothing!”), her feelings on Yelp (“Anybody who believes Yelp is an idiot”) and her love of Twitter (“I found I had another voice on Twitter. I love the discipline of 140 characters.”)
- Bad news for Bourbon lovers? The makers of Makers Mark are reducing the alcohol percentage in their brew due to not being able to produce enough for their customers. And of course, people are talking about it. (via Bourbon Blog and First We Feast).
- Speaking of hooch, the Globe and Mail talks about the recent surge of interest in all things bitters.
- As for other things acrid – or in this case acrimonious – a previously anonymous blogger who went by the name The Bitter Barista was found out, and subsequently let go from his job. (Via Gawker)
- And finally from the bitter to the sweet, The Atlantic interviews a researcher who specialises in the health benefits of chocolate.