Read Up On It for October 31st, 2014
- This week’s edition of Read Up On It starts on pomological note – The New York Times profiles Dan Bussey, who wants to document every apple he can get his hands on, and even those he’s only heard about.
- Also in the grey lady, how the provenance of caviar (read: the Caspian Sea) is no longer as important as it used to be.
- Munchies’ David Heti proclaims, once and for all, that Montreal’s bagels are better than New York’s.
- With a less than stellar harvest this year, expect olive oil prices to go up, says The Telegraph.
- As if shrimp didn’t have a bad enough rep these days, The Atlantic reports that most shrimp is mislabeled when it comes to origin and species.
- Is it time to forget lardo and saucisson sec ? Jacob Richler recounts the tale of seafood charcuterie being increasingly found in restaurants.